Spec-D Practice Series
Our weekly drifting practices are back at Castrol Raceway, just outside Edmonton Alberta, offering a place for new and experienced drivers alike to put their skills to the test on our skid-pad! All that is required is a DOT helmet and a simple safety tech inspection. Ride-alongs for spectators also welcomed with most drivers.
Drivers - $40
Spectators - $10
Gates open at 5 PM, tech opens shortly after to ensure drivers can get on track as soon as possible.
Practice goes until 10 PM or later on busy nights.
2014 Practice Schedule
May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
June 5, 12, 19, 26
July 10, 17, 24, 31
August 7, 14, 28
September 4, 11, 18, 25
October 2, 9
2014 Practice Rules and Regulations
In mutual agreement with presenting race facilities and Spec-D, zero tolerance rules have been put into effect for the 2014 drift season for your safety and for the safety of everyone attending the event. Anyone caught breaking ANY of these rules will be escorted from the event but is welcome to any event after that day. If mistreatment of facility or people attending event persists, the corresponding person or persons will be banned from the remainder of the 2014 Spec-D drift season.
1) ABSOLUTELY NO alcohol, drugs or alcohol consumption
is permitted on the premises by drivers. Alcohol may be
available to spectators only provided it is purchased at the
race facility, no outside alcohol can be brought in.
2) Any burnouts, tire squawks, or stunting is not permitted
anywhere but on the Drift Pad or designated areas.
3) Anyone found knowingly outside designated spectator or
drift area (in vehicles or on foot) shall be escorted from the
premises for the remainder of the given event.
4) All drivers MUST complete the following prior to
clearance onto the Drift Pad:
- have car inspected and passed by tech.
- have given number and tech sticker visible.
- have proper gear (including helmet).
- attend drivers meeting.
- understand course fully.
- read and sign rules/waiver in agreement, compliance and
5) Tandem Practices will be permitted once vehicle and
driver have passed a tandem tech inspection. If a tandem is
to be commenced without passing a tandem tech inspection
the persons involved WILL be escorted off the race facility
for remainder of given event, and possibly banned for the
remainder of the season; as in accordance with attending
6) Anyone caught vandalizing any property of attending
facility (excluding on-line drift only damages on Drift Pad)
shall be held personally and financially responsible for the
repair or replacement of damaged property.
*Note: This also includes any damages caused while drifting
off course or in reverse direction of designated course.
7) Disrespect for other drivers, Spec-D personnel or any
Drift Marshall will result in the escorting from premises for
remainder of given event.
8) If at any time your car becomes unfit to drift (ie. Blown
tire) the driver must IMMEDIATELY pull over to a safe area
where the problem can be addressed. All problems MUST be
fixed before the car will be allowed to move.
*Note: To clarify, do not drive any vehicles with blown or flat
tires off the pad and through the pits. If this is done the
driver will be escorted from the facility.
9) Any excessive smoke shows or attempting to blow a tire
out has been deemed to be stunting by the hosting facility.
You will be warned the first offense (if it is deemed minor)
and escorted from the facility on the second offence per night
(drivers may not be given a warning if the stunting becomes
excessive or dangerous).
10) All drivers must listen and follow directions by the
designated flag persons, if a driver does not obey any flag
person they will be escorted from the facility. No exceptions,
they are there for your safety and the safety of the
The attending race facility and Spec-D are not
- Any damages to vehicles.
- Any lost broken or stolen property.
- Any personal injury sustained.
YOU ARE DRIFTING AT YOUR OWN RISK! Spec-D
waives any and all responsibility to personal injury or
damaged caused to vehicles due to inexperience or drivers
proceeding through courses beyond their personal skill level.
Should personal injury occur, paramedics notified via 9-1-1.
Spec-D reserves the right to deny any refund of admission
to any spectator or driver in direct violation of the aforesaid
rules/waiver. A supplimental waiver may be required to sign
by the hosting facility. Spec-D and presenting facilities also
reserve the right to revise and amend the above rules/waiver
throughout the season to accommodate any overlooked or
2014 Practice Tech Inspection
1) Acceptable amount of rubber on front and rear tires.
2) No fluid leaks (oil, coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, etc.).
3) Battery is firmly secure.
4) Absolutely no loose items in the vehicle.
5) All lug-nuts in place.
6) Secure and adequate suspension.
7) Tight steering, no significant play.
8.) Functional brake system (pedal and hand-brake).
9) All body panels enclosing internals necessary.
10) D.O.T. approved helmet or higher necessary for all occupants.
11) No loose or hanging wires.
12) Seats and harnesses properly secured and mounted.
13) Driver wearing long pants with closed toed shoes.
14) At least 1 working headlight and 2 working taillights minimum.
14) Full-body fire-retardant race suit (nomex coveralls accepted).
15) Minimum 4 point roll-cage with min. single drivers side door bar.
16.) Snell2005 approved helmet or higher necessary.