Motorized Pit Vehicle Policy (Scooters, ATV’s, Golf Carts, 4-Wheelers, etc)
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. The rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to any participant, spectator or official.
Speed limit is 10 MPH (15kms/h) ANYWHERE in the facility, except on the racetrack. This rule pertains to ALL vehicles (including pit bikes, ATV’s etc.) Burnouts, trans-brake tests, etc. will not be tolerated in the pits or in the staging lanes. All contestants using auxiliary pit vehicles (mini bikes, ATV’s, Motorized Pit Vehicles, etc.) must have their competition numbers displayed on their vehicles. All auxiliary pit vehicles must be used for necessary transportation only. NO RECREATIONAL OR FUN RIDING IS ALLOWED. NO VEHICLE OF ANY KIND (except for Jr. Dragsters) MAY BE OPERATED BY ANY PERSON UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE, AND THAT PERSON MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE.
- Motorized Pit Vehicles are only allowed to enter the staging lanes if towing a racecar. Once the racecar goes down track, Motorized Pit Vehicle must leave the staging lanes.
- Operators should always consider the terrain, weather conditions, and existing pedestrian and vehicular traffic, which may affect the ability to operate the Motorized Pit Vehicle safely.
- Motorized Pit Vehicle operators will stop at all “blind intersections” and then proceed with caution.
- Motorized Pit Vehicles will be operated only within the confines of the specific venue (i.e. Drag Strip, Oval Track, Motocross Track, and/or Road Course) designated as the primary competition area on Castrol Raceway property.
- Motorized Pit Vehicles are not to be driven on any landscaped area unless it is the only available way to gain access to the specific area where work is being performed. If the Motorized Pit Vehicle must be on a landscaped area in order to allow a pedestrian(s) the proper right-of-way, it should be brought to a full stop, then immediately returned to the designated driving surface as soon as the area is clear.
- Motorized Pit Vehicles ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE SPECTATOR AREAS AT ANY TIME.
Motorized Pit Vehicles will be operated in such a manner that they do not impede or interfere with normal pedestrian or vehicular traffic flow. In that respect, Motorized Pit Vehicles will be operated on service drives and roadways whenever possible, rather than on sidewalks designed primarily for pedestrian use.
- Motorized Pit Vehicles will be operated with the utmost courtesy, care, and consideration for the safety of pedestrians. Pedestrians will be given the right-of-way at all times.
PRECEEDING RULES AND POLICIES APPLY AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON PROPERTY
Reckless driving of any type will NOT be tolerated. Violators will be issued no warning. There will be immediate removal of the Motorized Pit Vehicle. Violators can lose Motorized Pit Vehicle privileges for a year or more. A second offense will result in a disqualification from competing in the racing event. Driver is responsible and will be held accountable for the actions of all Crew members.